Membership Fee and Donations
2018/19 School Membership Fee
In the past few years, our school’s fees are quite low compared with other Chinese schools. However, due to the increase of teachers’ salaries and venues’ rent, unexpected additional operating costs (such as professional cleaners), the school committee had to make some adjustment to the fees based on the survey results（https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-VPVFXWSDL/.
|Class||Fee||Include Textbook or not|
|C1 to C9||£115||One textbook and two exercises books|
|Kids activity class except for music and fitness||£60|
|Kids and adult fitness||£95|
|Adult Business Chinese||£120（TBC）||TBC|
Each student of language class will be charged a cleaning fee of £10 per year.
Each student of activity class will be charged a cleaning fee of £5 per year.
Students who participate in both language classes and activity classes will not be charged a cleaning fee for activity class.
Tuition fees are charged per student per year.
The fees are valid for all year. The early bird discount of £15 has now already past the deadline which is 31/08/2018.
Example of fees (update: 19/08/2018)
The example fees below are based on the kids activity class exclude music and fitness. If you choose music activity class, please add £65 to the fee listed below, and if you choose kids fitness class, please add £35 to the fee listed below. If you are not sure the exact fee amount, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|choice of courses||Fees|
|Normal Language Class only （C1 – C9)||£125
(£115 + £10)
|CN5, CSH class||£155
(£145 + £10)
|Happy Chinese Class||£190**
(£180 + £10
|Normal Language Class + Activity class （exclude Music and fitness)||£185
（£115 + £60 + £10）
|CN5, CSH class + Activity class （exclude Music and fitness)||£215
（£145 + £60 + £10）
|Happy Chinese Class + Activity class （exclude Music and fitness)||£250
（£180 + £60 + £10）
|Adult class (Calligraphy/Fitness)||£100
（£95 + £5）
|Adult Business Chinese (the payment should be made in a seperate platform. Please contact us for the details)||£125
（£120 + £5）
How to pay membership
Payment should use the following online payment to reduce workload and errors (It is best to pay by debit card as there is a 1.3% surcharge fee for the credit card) for your membership fee. If you can not make online payment, please contact school management team to pay by cheques or by cash.
How to Pay Membership Fee Online
Online payment can be made via our school’s MyDonate web site
- Step 1: Go to https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/albacathaychineseschool
- Step 2: Click “Donate Now” button
- Step 3: Select or enter the correct amount (see table above). You can combine the payment for multiple students，please add the fees together for all students.
In the next page, please enter your name in next page, and also enter your child’s name, classes and/or activity class in the “your message”. If you are paying for multiple students, please ensure to include all student’s details and their classes/activity classes. Then click “Next Step”
(Please ensure to include all information for your kids and their classes, include their full name in English and in Chinese if possible. This will allow us to cross check with our student registration records).
- Step 4 , Enter “Email Address”, Click Next
- Step 5: Enter your personal details, “Next Step”
- Step 6: Review the donation amount and review your message (please ensure the message include all student information), and also select whether the school can contact you (please tick the first option “”Yes, contact me by email” as we can contact you if there is any issue with the fee payment or information included in the message), click “Next” if all information are correct
- Step 7: Enter your payment details, then click “Donate”. It is best to pay by debit card as there is a 1.3% surcharge fee for the credit card (Visa/Master).
- Step 8: Confirmation of donation page. Justgiving will process your donation, and once it is processed, you will receive an email of donation summary. Please check your email.
- Step 9: Check your email; print the email receipt or bring the email with you on mobile device, and show it to the class teacher as proof of donation and collect the text books.
List of Donations
As we are non-profit charity organization, we always appreciate donations from all sources. Your donation will ensure that we can continue provide quality education and support to our children from 4-18yrs.
|100||Mr Haiyang Sun 孙海洋先生||03/2016|
|50||Mister Lee (冠华楼) Longston shop||02/2015|
|50||Mister Lee (冠华楼) Ferry road||02/2015|
|50||Golden Pond (Blackhall)||02/2015|
|50||Ms Chun Xia Xi 席春霞女士||02/2015|
|USD500||JP Morgan Chase Foundation||08/2014|
|USD1000||JP Morgan Chase Foundation||06/2014|
|100.00||AIHUA Chinese Supermarket Ltd||02/2014|
|200.00||UK Association For the Promotion of Chinese Education||02/2014|
|USD1000||JP Morgan Chase Foundation||01/2014|
|200.00||Ms Yun Liu and her family||09/2013|
|400.00||UK Association For the Promotion of Chinese Education||03/2013|
|250.00||Ms Yun Liu and her family||09/2012|
|100.00||Ms Shan You Merson||09/2012|
|50.00||Mr. John Livingston||02/2012|
|200.00||Number 1A Ltd.||02/2012|
|100.00||Bank of China||02/2012|
|102.00||Ms Shan You Merson||09/2011|
|200.00||Number 1A Ltd.||05/2011|
|50.00||John & Livingston Son Ltd||05/2011|
|60.72||Mr Thomson’s Piano Concert||11/2010|
|82.50||Ms Shan You Merson||09/2010|
|300.00||Ms Yun Liu and her family||09/2010|
|1500.00||Martin Currie Ltd||08/2010|
|350.00||Jimmy Chan-Imperial Palace Edinburgh Ltd||03/2010|
|100.00||WingFung Trading Ltd||02/2010|
|100.00||Mr. Nelson Yiu||02/2010|
|100.00||Mr. John Livingston||02/2010|
|200.00||Number 1A Ltd.||02/2010|
|300.00||UK association for the PCE||02/2010|
|500.00||Ms. Yun Liu and her family||11/2009|
|3000.00||Martin Currie Ltd||10/2009|
|409.83||China Dream Team||10/2005|
2017-2018 School Membership Fee*
- Language class: £95
- SQA class: £110
- Happy Chinese class: £160
- Activity class: £50
- Update (03/09/17): The above fee already includes the additional £10 late payment charge for payment after 02/09/17
- The fee is for the academic year 2017-18, and includes the cost for text books. As it takes time to order the books, please make the payment before 02/09/2017 to guarantee that your children will receive the text books in the first day of new term (09/09/2017). The text books will be distributed to the students who has made the payment.
- The above rate is applied for payment made until 02/09/2017
- Additional £10 late payment charge if paid after 02/09/2017
Example of fees
|选择课程 choice of courses||9月2日前费用 Fee until 02/09/17||9月2日后费用 Fee after 02/09/17|
|语言班 Language Class||£85||£95|
|SQA 班 SQA class||£100||£110|
|快乐汉语班 Happy Chinese Class||£150||£160|
|语言班 + 兴趣班 Language Class + Activity class||£135||£145|
|SQA 班 + 兴趣班 SQA class + Activity class||£150||£160|
|快乐汉语班 + 兴趣班 Happy Chinese Class + Activity class||£200||£210|
We express our sincere appreciation to all donators here and we believe that the school will continue to benefit from your generous support.
If you wish to make a donation to the school, or would like to sponsor a school event such as Chinese New Year or organise a fund raising event, please send an email to email@example.com.